Important Information about COVID-19
5/18/2020 - Bucks County Commissioners Outline $6 million "Back to Work Small" Business Grant Program
Where can I find out about my Economic Impact (stimulus) Payment status?
The IRS has a website with full details and resources on Economic Impact Payments. Per an IRS press release on April 10, 2020, eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit of their refund will receive their payments starting the week of April 13, 2020. Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, survivors or disability benefits, SSDI or who receive Railroad Retirement benefits but did not file a return for 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive a payment in the near future. Those who received a refund in 2018 or 2019 by paper check rather than direct deposit will be issued a check. For full details on payments, please visit the above IRS website.
4/15/2020 -The IRS has released a "Get My Payment" resource webpage where you can check the status of stimulus payments.
Please keep in mind that we are only receiving these funds as they are presented to us by the IRS. First Bank does not have the ability to process deposits to closed accounts and we are required to return these payments to the IRS.
The IRS will mail a letter about the payment to the taxpayer's last known address within 15 days of payment made. This letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive said payment.
You may have not received your payment at First Bank due to the following reasons:
- The IRS did not process a refund for you directly to your bank account in either 2018 or 2019
- Your gross income based on your most recent tax return exceeds the maximum limits
- You have changed banks and the last routing information they have is not for First Bank
What is First Bank doing to assist customers who have been financially impacted by COVID-19?
- ATM FEES: In addition to our onsite ATMs, First Bank is a member of the Allpoint Network, a network of 55,000+ ATMs that can be accessed surcharge free. These ATMs are found in local stores and major area retailers such as Wawa, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, and Target to name a few! First Bank does not charge customers a fee to use any foreign ATM; however, the owner of the ATM may charge a fee if they are outside of the Allpoint Network.
- NSF/OVERDRAFT FEES: Customers who are impacted financially by COVID-19 can have NSF/Overdraft fees waived and/or refunded by contacting their local branch office for review.
- CD Penalties & Fees: First Bank will consider waivers of early withdrawal penalties on a case-by-case basis if caused due to COVID-19 related impact. Please contact a local branch office for review.
- Business & Commercial Borrowers: The state and federal government have created assistance programs to help borrowers who are impacted by COVID-19, and First Bank is working with customers on loan deferrals and government loan and assistance programs. Please contact your lender or Personal Banker for more information.
What is First Bank doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- First Bank is taking additional measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In compliance with New Jersey Executive Order #122, and consistent with guidelines issued by the CDC, any employee who is located in a branch or office setting will be required to wear a face-protective covering and gloves. Also consistent with this guidance, customers who come in for appointments will also be required to wear their own face-protective covering. For more information on this guidance, please visit the CDC's Resource Page
- Most of our employees in the back offices are working from home. Those who are working in offices are spread out and practicing social distancing.
- Our branch staff, the front-line heroes of our organization, are scheduled in shorter shifts, and will be given additional paid time off to help balance between work and caring for themselves and their families.
- Employees who are showing signs of illness are required to stay home.
- Branches have been limited to drive-thru and appointment only access. Those coming in for appointments are screened on recent travel to help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread.
- Cleaning our locations remains a priority - our locations are sanitized and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Unnecessary business travel has been suspended, as have large events and in-person meetings. We now conduct all meetings via conference and video calls.
What remote banking options does First Bank offer if I cannot access a bank branch?
- Online banking and mobile banking for account monitoring and transfers
- Mobile check deposit for depositing to your First Bank accounts
- Deposit capabilities at our on-site ATMs
- Telephone Banking for balance information, transfers, & recent transactions - (877) 821-2265 Option 4
- Access to the Allpoint Network’s 55,000+ ATMs for cash withdrawals
How can I keep myself up-to-date on COVID-19 related scams?